Gaingels Mission & Values
Gaingels invests in the best venture-backed companies who embrace diverse and inclusive leadership and value a diversified capital and ownership structure. In practice, this means companies with diverse founding teams, leadership structures, board of directors, and captables, as well as companies that recognize the value in improving their inclusiveness and work in partnership with Gaingels to do so.
We seek to drive social change through business by:
- Driving opportunity within our community through investment and support and utilizing our network to recruit more diverse talent into our portfolio companies.
- Becoming visible and valuable to the world of private equity and venture capital (PE/VC)
- Developing a vibrant community of like minded investors, founders, and operators who support each other and benefit from it
- Achieving outstanding returns on our investments
Gaingels seeks to abide by and foster an ecosystem centered on these values:
- Trust: We seek to operate with transparency, and endeavor to respect the confidentiality of information presented to us
- Innovation: We expect innovation and creativity to drive value for the future.
- Collaboration: We enjoy collaboration with investors, advisors, co-investors, entrepreneurs, clients, and strategic partners
- Balance: We admire autonomy and respects individuals’ rights, including the right to find work/life balance on one's own terms
- Respect: It is important for everybody to be able to be their true authentic selves in an environment of trust and acceptance.
Gaingels, its staff, partners, members, and all parties involved in or representing Gaingels are expected to maintain at all times a professional and respectful environment promoting an environment of trust, inclusion, and acceptance in all dealings with entrepreneurs, portfolio company representatives, other investor members and third parties.